If you are looking for a super cheap, quick, and easy recipe… RUN don’t walk to the grocery store for the supplies and make the heck out of this recipe. Just go ahead and save yourself some time and make a double batch of these, because you will eat half of them as they are coming out of the oven. Try to save some so that you can drizzle chocolate over the top, these taste just like Mounds bars….but way way better.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or disks
1. In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff.
2. Fold in agave, vanilla and coconut.
3. Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time (see photo below).
*Note: To prevent the agave from sinking and messing up the balance in the batter, continue to gently re-mix batter as you go along.
4. Pinch each macaroon at the top (so they look like teeny ghosts).
5. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
1. Boil a pot of water and put a heat resistant bowl in the boiling water. Place the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the heat resistant bowl and melt the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted take a spoon and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the coconut macaroons.
2. The chocolate takes a little while to dry, so if you haven’t eaten all of them at this point you can put them in the fridge to harden the chocolate.
Serve and impress the heck out of your dinner party guests. Enjoy!