I am a little behind on this post, because honestly I have no idea how it is already 2015! I feel like I just moved to NYC, but that was over a year and a half ago. As I take a moment to look back, I realized that 2014 has been a really great year with tons of adventures, some growing pains, new friends and off the wall experiences.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We took a ton of east coast road trips to Maine, Vermont, Cape Cod and New Hampshire.
- I went to my first Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans, and got ALL of the beads!
- I took a solo adventure trip to Chicago to attend the Blogcademy.
- I became a Manhattan Yoga Instructor!
- We checked off a bucket list item and spent our 10-year anniversary in Santorini.
- We took a culinary adventure trip to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Krabi.
- We hosted oodles of houseguests and got to play tour guide in a super fun city.
- I learned how to crochet, and I have been a scarf-making machine!
- I have cooked more than ever. Whipping up tons of homemade meals, experiments and bloopers in our tiny Glitter Spice test kitchen (special shout out to Derika, my professional taste tester and biggest fan).
- To finish off the year we took a last minute, totally unplanned road trip to Florida, to chase the sun and to ring in the New Year with family.
When I look back at this year, I can totally see why it has flown by. I am really looking forward to all of the adventures that 2015 holds. We don’t have anything planned yet, but I find that being spontaneous is part of the fun. Last year I did a year in review post that highlighted my top posts from that year. Since I got such a great response from it, I decided to stick with that theme. Once again, I managed to post something every month this year, and below you will see my top posts from each month in 2014.
One of the greatest things about blogging is that you can go back at the end of the year and read about all of the stuff that you managed to get into. One of the things that I am most proud of this year is how well my blog had done. My little space on the interwebs has been viewed over 60,000 times by people from 139 different countries! My most popular post, which was featured on Buzzfeed, was my Noodle Free Lasagna. Other top posts were my Baked Spaghetti Squash, Homemade Sriracha, Bourbon Infused Cherries, and my Crock Pot French Onion Soup. I hope you enjoyed the ride just as much as I did. Thank you for taking the time to visit my teeny space on the interwebs. Your encouragement and support makes me ALL of the HAPPY!
Wishing you an adventurous and beautiful 2015!