Last year for Valentine’s Day, I had the brilliant idea that instead of dressing up and going out for a fancy dinner. We would instead stay home; play board games and start a juice cleanse! What the HELL was I thinking!? Derika played along, because she likes me way too much, but let’s just say that I did not win wife of the year with that romantic move.
Instead of cleansing this Valentine’s Day we are doing the complete opposite of cleansing…
No, we are not going to see Fifty Shades of Grey (we will go see it soon though) like the rest of the Universe.
Instead, we are headed to Vegas to watch the Rugby Sevens Tournament, which to a rugby player is pretty much a Rugby Christmas. While my rugby player is watching ALL of the rugby, I hope to catch up with some friends, soak in a little sunshine by the pool and play some unicorn penny slots. For the evening of Valentine’s Day, we will be going on a double date to Scarpetta, one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas. I love Vegas, especially this time of year when the weather is just perfect for lounging around the pool.
Before we leave, I wanted to leave you with a quick Valentine edition of my This & That Thursday Posts. I got lucky this year and had a Valentine gift picked out a while ago. Thank goodness, because if I hadn’t I think that I would be running around trying to figure something out. I already used my Valentine cleansing idea, so this year I have a lot of making up to do.
Below you will find a few Valentine themed items and ideas that I am obsessing over right now.
- Really WOW, your Valentine with this sparkly bath treat! Wink wink nudge nudge…just in case someone wants to get me a last minute valentine gift or random wild prize.
- If you live in San Diego and are looking for a great night out with your Valentine or your lady friends, check out this place for a super fun evening!
- This is where I bought my Valentine her present this year. It is a super great resource for really creative gifts.
- If your Valentine is into lipstick, check out this for just the packaging alone!
- For the eco-conscious Valentine date, skip the crowded restaurants, light this while you prepare a romantic dinner, and use it to give an epic massage after dinner. I have put this to the test and it is definitely a winner! 🙂
- Chocolate is always a crowd pleaser on Valentine’s Day. Get yours from this fair trade company in Seattle.
- Check out this tiny guy and his super adorable date!
- Derika just introduced me to this place. According to her the lemonade is AMAZING! Maybe she will want to do a cleanse after Valentine’s Day 😉
I hope that your weekend is full of sparkles and fireworks!