I am currently crushing hard on anything that I can put into a bowl. I just love piling a ton of healthy ingredients into a bowl to easily create a simple, quick and healthy meal. You can even mix and match the flavors, which is what I love about bowls so much. Today I put this spaghetti squash mixture over greens and tomorrow I might toss it into some lettuce wraps. The possibilities are endless! This recipe originally started out as a spaghetti squash chow mein recipe, which turned out just OK. However when I added it to a bowl it became amazing. Picture the inside of a veggie egg roll on top or a bowl of your favorite greens, topped with your favorite protein, hot sauce and a dash of scallions and you have my amazing Asian inspired spaghetti squash bowl. Let’s start cooking so you can start eating!
- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 cup Braggs Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos to make paleo)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TBS. Turbinado Sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 Tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. white pepper
- 1TBS Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 3 Stalks Celery, sliced diagonally
- 12 oz Broccoli Slaw Mix ( I bought a bag from the store, but you can grate your own)
- Sriracha or favorite hot sauce
- 2-3 green onions, sliced diagonally, optional
- 1-2 Sprigs Cilantro, optional
- Chili Garlic Sauce, optional
- Follow my spaghetti squash recipe to cook your squash.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, Turbinado sugar, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in broccoli slaw until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti squash, soy sauce mixture and protein for choice (I used this tofu) until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Taste and add some Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce if you think it needs a little kick. I am a bit hot sauce obsessed.
- Fill your favorite bowl with your favorite greens, I used a kale blend mix, top the greens with the spaghetti squash mixture, garnish with green onions, cilantro and chili garlic sauce if you are feeling sassy.
I don’t think that it can get any easier than that!