Oh, tofu…Let me count the ways! Are you ready for a tofu recipe that will even impress your meat eating friends!? I love tofu, because it is so simple to make and easily absorbs the flavor of whatever you cook it with. I keep my tofu really simple and it goes great in bowls, fried rice, stir-fries and curries. I love a good fried tofu, but to keep this recipe on the healthier side, I bake this version. I have been making this tofu for years and finally decided to share the recipe. Get ready to enjoy one of the best tofu bites of your life…
- 1 Block Tofu, Extra Firm
- 1 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 TBS Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning
- Open your tofu, drain it, wrap it in paper towel and place a weighted item on top of it. Let it sit for 30-minutes to drain out any access water.
- Cut your tofu into cubes and place it in a Tupperware container.
- Add one tablespoon of toasted sesame oil and three tablespoons of Bragg Liquid Aminos to the Tupperware container. Put the lid on it, shake it up and let it hang out in the fridge for an hour or overnight. The longer the tofu hangs out in this mixture the better the flavor will be.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- After you have marinated your tofu, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dump your marinated tofu onto the parchment paper. Spread it out so that the tofu is not touching.
- Take your pepper grinder and grind pepper onto the top of the tofu, make sure to hit all of the pieces. More pepper is better in this case, so really go to town.
- Sprinkle your tofu with Tony Chachere’s Seasoning.
- Place your seasoned tofu in the over at 375 for 20-minutes. At the 20-minute mark, remove the tofu from the oven and flip it, making sure to keep the tofu separated as best as you can.
- Place your tofu back in the oven for 20 more minutes.
- At the end of those 20-minutes, remove the tofu from the oven and put into your favorite dish and enjoy! You can also let it cool and store it in your fridge for up to 5 days. Don’t worry though it won’t last that long!Happy Cooking!
Mouthwatering! Will try this out. Thanks, Dani!
Yay! I hope it turned out well!