I am blaming kale chips for my love of kale, ever since I had kale chips I cannot seem to get enough of kale in any form. I want to put or sneak it into everything, it is almost getting as bad as my garlic and spicy food addiction. I have been making kale salads a few times a week, but this is by far my new favorite recipe. I could eat it everyday and I just might. This salad is great as a side or if you add some protein to it, it is great by itself and is super filling. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It is healthy so feel free to eat the heck our of it.
- 1 Bunch Curly Kale, stems removed, rinsed and patted dry
- Juice of One Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Local Honey
- ½ Cup Chopped Almonds, Toasted
- 1 Avocado, Cubed
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese or Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Crispy Tofu or Protein of Choice
- Remove your kale leaves from the stems.
- Wash your kale leaves in a colander or a salad spinner. If you use a colander make sure to pat your kale leaves dry.
- In a food processor, process the kale into small chopped pieces, or use your elbow grease to cut the kale up into small pieces.
- Place your chopped almonds in a hot frying pan and lightly toast until they are light brown in color. Keep an eye on these because they can burn in a jiffy.
- To make dressing, stir lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add chopped kale, toasted almonds, avocado, parmesan and protein of choice to bowl with dressing.
- Stir all ingredients together and serve.
(Optional – Save some almonds and/or parmesan cheese for top of salad before serving for presentation purposes. I also like to serve this salad with a small side of hummus. Also you can leave out the cheese to make this recipe Paleo.)
*Note – If you would like to make this salad in advance or you want to save some for lunch the next day, just hold off on adding the avocado until you are ready to eat it so that it does not get brown.*